Tuesday, September 9, 2008

September Long Weekend

September long weekend was a great weekend for Francis and I. First we went camping overnight in Cumberland. We were lucky enough to get one of the two sites left but unlucky to be in the only rainy spot on the island that weekend, lol. We had tarps though so it was alright. We made s'mores and it was Francis' first time ever eating them. I always love it when we can show each other new things.

While we were up island Francis shopped for a new bike since he has his learners for it now.

Then on the way home we stopped at Parksville's Mini Golf. I have been dying to go since last year when we went on my birthday and realized they closed down for the season the week before :( We had a blast and I won a free game for the first time in my life playing there.

After that we made one last stop before heading back to Nanaimo. We stopped at Parksville beach and had a BBQ right on the beach. It was beautiful and a great way to end our trip.

The Monday of the long weekend was spent laying around playing video games. We needed a little bit of break. ;-)

No comments: